Saturday, January 22, 2011

No picture with this one

Well, our family has acquired a bread machine. I thought, "How great, just like Trinita." So, I went ahead bought some ingredients and tried to make it from scratch. Wrong!!!!! It came out dead. There is no other way to put it. I had to scrape out the ingredients and re-bake it in the oven. The result: still dead. It was edible this time, although resembling a fiber brick.

On the up side, I think it was the yeast. Did anyone realize that there are different types of yeast? I didn't use the fast acting kind. Ooops. Well, I'll give it another try. I'll just try plain white this time. No sense destroying good ingredients.

1 comment:

  1. I have heard my mother say several times that we should have a bread machine. And our Price Chopper carries some Bob's Red Mill bread mix that comes WITH the yeast you need! This could be the beginning of something good. Once we get the bread machine :)

    ReplyDelete