Saturday, October 22, 2011

We will update the blog THIS WEEK!

I don't have much to say about healthy things - except that I've been eating a lot of oatmeal lately and hope to participate in a half marathon in February. The oatmeal, while I prefer to soak it overnight (although 24 hours is better) to neutralize phytic acid which impedes nutrient absorption, I sometimes just cook in the morning. It is so fast! I always thought it would take a long time; it doesn't. And I eat it with brown sugar and walnuts - and think of oatmeal mornings at Trinita. OK, I never actually at oatmeal at Trinita before this summer, but whatever. I had so many Trinita firsts this summer: oatmeal, BINGO, Spanish-speaking children, buying cigarettes for the families, I'm sure there were more.

I need to go ahead and register for the half marathon. Now, I do not plan to run the entire thing, or maybe even any of it. You just have to be able to maintain a 16 minute mile pace. I can do that walking. It's at Disney. I have no idea why it sounded like a good idea - but now I'm kind of excited for it.

2 comments:

  1. Megan, that's very cool about the event at Disney. I never considered running anything like that because...I can't run. But just expecting to walk from the beginning - that's maybe something I could do. Do you know if it's standard to just have to maintain a 16 minute pace or does it vary from event to event? Have fun! (Seriously. Do you get to go on any rides for free?)

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got excited for a sec, thinking your were going to do the Disney 1/2 marathon here...until I remembered you have one in Florida too. hmmm...a joint west and east coast Disney half? ::wheels are turning::

    ReplyDelete