Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Definitely Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookies

I made two half-batches of chocolate chip cookies last week.  By the time I finished the first one I was so tired of the whole thing since my brown sugar was old and packed together and not mixing well that I made the cookies huge and then left them in longer to cook thoroughly and ended up "kind of" burning them.  But I could tell they still tasted good.  The second half-batch was very good.  That's what the picture is from.  For popularity's sake around the holidays I didn't cut the sugar down too much, but I'm going to start trying to see how low I can go with it soon.

I just followed the recipe on the back of the toll-house chips bag, except that I only used brown sugar (no granulated sugar) and instead of all-purpose flour I used 1/2 whole grain pastry flour and 1/2 whole grain graham flour.  I put some extra chocolate chips in.  I was hoping with the graham and the extra chips that it would be reminiscent of a s'more, but it really wasn't.  It was still a good cookie :)


Carolyn

4 comments:

  1. And those are leftovers from the initial hand out, not the whole batch :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, why didn't I receive any of these in the mail? No, but really.....Carolyn...way to go!! They look great!! I'm sure they are gone by now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks :) They were good. I made some for my cousin's kids when they got back from their Christmas vacation. Two out of three of them really liked them and I will have to ask the fourth what she thought. I feel that I have perfected the recipe and will only be making full batches from now on.

    ReplyDelete