Friday, August 13, 2010

Cake

Is chocolate chip pound cake healthy? Please don't answer that. Well, too bad. I ate a huge piece on the way home from Trinita. It helped me, I think. On another note, I need to purchase some chia seed. This came after a lengthy discussion with Carolyn. I don't want to do the fish pill thing. This seems like a reasonable alternative. I can put it on my cereal in the morning....to make it even more unusual. I have been putting Goji berries on my cereal too. They are definitely easier to deal with in my cereal. Everyone that has tried the Goji berries so far, has given it the thumbs down. Once the bag is done, it is done. They were an impulse item. I'm not sure what possessed me to buy them. I think I bought them because they looked cute. lol

Well, what else do I have say. Well, I am nearly ready to buy a new shampoo. I will be taking myself to Whole Foods for that purchase! Hooray for Whole Foods! Any suggestions out there? I have to admit, it will probably be Aubrey's again. I'll have to wait to see what they have.

I think I am missing the variety of health food stores in CT. I was really digging the Back to Earth store. I didn't really have time to explore it thoroughly. Anyway, I could babble more, but I will try to control myself.

4 comments:

  1. Back to Earth store?! Where is that? I commented already about the chia seed, but I will share another nugget of information I've discovered. If you put the chia seed in too much water, so much that it can't form a gel and it just sits in a big glass of water, it seems like the seeds don't last more than a day before they taste a little funny. On the other hand, this has led me to believe there might be a benefit to doing this because the oils and everything may be easier to digest. I know I said Dr. Oz said chia didn't need to be crushed like flax seeds, and he did say that, but I'm wondering if there's a benefit to doing it anyway. I'll experiment with this.

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, do you think I could just add the chia to my cereal? ....or do they need to dissolve a bit in water?....hmm...maybe they could dissolved in my rice milk. I could get up an extra half an hour early just to make my cereal in the morning. ...NOT!!!!!!! There must be another solution! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha, I think you can eat the chia seed straight. But I'm still on a quest to determine if that is really the best way to eat it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will contend that chocolate chip pound cake is healthy. =)

    ReplyDelete