Wednesday, August 4, 2010

In the beginning...

Finally, a place where I can get all of my "chemical" woes out! Shall we start with shampoo? This is really a big problem. If I was willing to pay more, I would buy a truly organic brand. I just can't seem to get myself to do it. I'm waiting for a big organic shampoo sale! If anyone sees one, let me know! I want to try some of Bubble and Bee's products, someday!! Right now, I continue to use Burt's Bee's (which is highly suspect) and Aubrey's Camomille.

I just bought a bag of Goji berries. At first I really liked them, but now I'm not sure that I would buy more. I think I need to eat them in very small quantities. It says Himalayan superfruit. Maybe it is too super for me.

Thanks Carolyn for starting this blog!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Finally found this blog. We definitely have to be a life line to one another. Carolyn, good that you got rid of the fish oil. A great vegetarian alternative is Udo's Oil 3.6.9. Blend. It has many different oils, but wait a minute ... I never read the label before ... it has bran oil, I'm not supposed to eat bran!!!!!!
    So I'm poisoning myself with the best oil out there!!! This is why I'm a crazy. Back to the drawing board. Anybody want my bottle of Udo's???

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! I'm so cracking up! Pat, can you do chia seed? I know, I have made many health food errors. I can't remember now, probably because I blocked them from my memory!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Udo's, I will check it out online. But I'm experimenting with chia seed. Something very exciting happened yesterday! I was at the office (it seems like they were actually saving up work for me to do when I got back - but work is good so I am trying not to complain) and I saw that one of the other women there had a brochure pinned up for Chia Seed! It turns out she somehow knows this woman with a real chemistry background that opened up a green company in Skaneateles (which is like an hour away) and one of their big selling points is they sell chia seed. The website is www.runningfood.com if you're interested. If I obtain any brochures I will send them to you guys or scan them in or something. I already emailed them (Sharon :) ) to see if they have a store and what their hours are. I thought from what the woman at work said that they did have a store you could go to, but I didn't see information about it on their website. So maybe not. I'll keep you guys "posted." HAHAHAHA! :)

    P.S. I miss Trinita!

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete