Saturday, August 21, 2010

Granola and Yogurt

Horray!!!!  I have come to an even better breakfast arrangement!  The Kashi granola was really expensive to be dumping by the cupful into my regular fat yogurt in the morning (which I went back to yesterday).  So I decided to try making my own.  I looked online and got a recipe.  I actually did it last night and it worked very well.  It tastes good alone and in the yogurt.  Haha, I may be able to get through a 2lb container in a reasonable amount of time after all!  Here is my recipe:
Mix 3 cups oats with brown sugar (the recipe said 3 TB but I didn't measure it, I just poured).  I also added to this first group of ingredients graham flour and barley flour.  Whole grain of course!  And of course, I didn't measure it.  But I think between the two flours it was still less than a cup.  Then add, mixed together, 1/3C honey, 1/4C canola oil and vanilla (again I just poured this in without measuring).
Then bake it at 300 degrees for 20-30 minutes, stirring after 15.
This came out really well, and I think I might even be able to cut down on the sugar.  I'm also pretty sure I used more than 1/3C of honey.  Anyway, however much I made fit perfectly into one of those round Quaker Oats containers, so that's where I'm storing it.

I'm very excited about this.

Carolyn

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh!! Carolyn, you are well on your way to being a Trinita Health Crazy! Congratulations on your new find!!!!

    ReplyDelete