Wednesday, August 4, 2010

To Begin

Welcome to our blog!  Sharon, Pat and I (Carolyn) knew that we would have to keep supporting each other in our natural care/dietary needs after the summer program ended, so we have created this blog.  All Trinita Health Crazies are invited to share their stories, formulas for homemade products or recipes. 

At this time, I would like to comment on my shampoo.  I have been using Burt's Bees Super Shiny shampoo for several years.  It works.  Although before I came to Trinita this summer I did give my hair a very diluted baking powder rinse to get rid of the residue.  I followed this up directly with the shampoo.  This worked well.  I have to use shampoo after the baking powder because no matter how diluted I make the rinse, I still get white stuff in my hair afterwards if I try to rinse it out with just water.  I like this system.  I'm going to try the rinse again later in August or in September.  I'm also trying to switch to Aubrey's.  I've used their shampoo before, and I don't really remember why I stopped.  I wasn't unhappy with it.  Maybe I couldn't find any in my area.  But I got a bottle at THE BAILEY'S last week and I'm going to start using it when I get home.  Comments to come.

I've also been eating a chia seed/water mixture most days for the last few weeks.  It's supposed to have a lot of omega-3 fats so when I get home and am monitoring the amount I eat each day more carefully, I'm going to stop with the fish oil.  Good riddance!  I have other food plans for when I get home, but I'll write about that stuff when it really happens. 

More personal care stuff: I've been using Tom's calendula bar soap, which I'm very happy with, and also their new liquid roll-on deodorant.  I really like the deodorant, even better than their stick.  The roll-on stuff feels better and I haven't noticed that I smell bad.  However, I have not worked out in this stuff yet, so I'll have to update this when I get home and see how it works after a run or a trip to the gym.

This is all.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for doing this, Carolyn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone! don't have much more to contribute right now but wanted to let you all know I am here now lol. Any suggestions about dry skin? is it a vitamin deficiency?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Catherine! I'm not sure about dry skin in particular, but I know that dehydration can be a cause of a lot of skin issues. Make sure you're drinking plenty of water!

    ReplyDelete